The A3 scanner for Professional graphic artists, designers and business users
The Expression 13000XL is a high-resolution A3 scanner designed to meet the most demanding graphic arts applications.
- Professional large-format scanning – accommodates A3 reflective media
- Extraordinary image quality – with 2400 x 4800 dpi resolution and Micro Step Drive™ technology, gives brilliant clarity and detail
- Smooth gradations with 48-bit colour – captures over 4 trillion colours and 4,096 shades of grey
- Enhanced colour with ultra-precise Micro Step Drive technology – The Expression 13000XL's optical density of 3.8 DMax and 48-bit colour depth ensure sharp and accurate scanning for full reproduction of the widest range of colours, even in shadow areas. Enables users to capture even the tiniest details with exceptional clarity.
- Excellent image reproduction – users can achieve extremely high-quality image reproduction up to A3 format. Easy-to-use, Epson Scan 2 operates in either automatic or professional modes, allowing users to optimise their scanning results
- Batch scanning for increased productivity – scans multiple images at one time and saves files to a PC; scans up to forty-eight 35 mm negatives, thirty 35 mm slides, eight 4" x 5" transparencies or six medium-format transparencies (with optional transparency unit)
The Epson Expression 13000XL is an A3 graphic arts scanner with a resolution of 2,400 x 4,800 dpi. With superior resolution, accelerated speed, and enhanced quality surpassing all competitors, this cutting-edge technology strives to deliver top of the line scanning capabilities within the graphics art market. Accompanied by advanced bundled software, professional users can harness its precision to elevate images for commercial purposes with unmatched accuracy.
Two lamp design
A bright white lamp is used for positive transparency scanning, while a blue light source is used for negative transparencies, cutting down on the processing time and improving the negative to positive conversion in the final image.
High optical density
Featuring an optical density of 3.8Dmax, the Epson Expression 13000XL captures a wide range of tonal colours ensuring the greatest level of detail in both highlight and shadow areas.
Scan an 8.5" x 11" colour image at 300 dpi in as little as 23 seconds. A 35 mm slide can be scanned at 2400 dpi in 51 seconds, and a 4" x 5" colour transparency can be scanned in under three minutes.
Powerful software included
The bundled LaserSoft Imaging Silverfast Ai 8.8 and IT8 chart to calibrate colours and ensure consistency from the original to the scanned image. Scans can be enhanced with powerful editing tools featured in Adobe Photoshop. Restore faded colour photos to original brilliance with Easy Photo Fix scanning technology. Additionally with Advances Digital Dust correction you can remove the appearance of dust from film and photos.
Unique Autofocus optics
Epson's optics system ensures pinpoint focusing on an original up to 6mm above the scanner glass and is useful for scanning 3D items and transparencies.
|PRODUCT NAME||Expression 13000XL|
|SUB-SCANNING METHOD||Movement of the carriage|
|Photo ELECTRIC DEVICE||6 line alternated colour CCD (94,500 pixels)|
|SCANNING PLATEN||310 x 437 mm|
|TRANSPARENCY UNIT||309 x 420 mm|
|LIGHT SOURCE||Readyscan LED Technology|
|Main: 2,400 dpi (optical resolution by 6 line CCD with 87,840 pixels) Sub: 4,800 dpi with Micro Step|
|OPTICAL DENSITY||3.8 D Max|
|50 dpi to 12,800 dpi (in 1 dpi steps)|
|ZOOM||50% to 200% (in 1% steps)|
|PIXEL DEPTH||48-bit internal
|Monochrome : 12 s/page – Colour : 12 s/page (Measured with size A4, resolution: 300 dpi)|
|USB2.0 (Type B)||Mac OS 10.10.x, Mac OS 10.11, Mac OS 10.7.x, Mac OS 10.8.x, Mac OS 10.9.x, Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 (32/64 bit), Windows Server 2003 (32/64bit), Windows Server 2008 (32/64bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 (64bit), Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows XP, Windows server 2003 R2|
|USB 2.0 High-Speed (standard)|
|TEMPERATURE||5°C to 35°C (operating)
-25°C to 60°C (storage)
|HUMIDITY||10% to 80% without condensation (operating)
10% to 85% without condensation (storage)
|RATED VOLTAGE||AC100-120 V|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||27 W|
|Epson Scan 2, SilverFast Ai ver.8.8|
|Width x Depth x Height (mm)||656 mm(W) x 458 mm(D) x 158 mm(H)|
|A3 TRANSPARENCY UNIT|
|RELIABILITY||100,000 cycles for the MCBF|
|DOCUMENT||35 mm strip film
35 mm slide
Medium format (120 / 220)
6 x 18 cm strip film
4 x 5 inch film
Films up to 12.2 x 16.5 inch
|READABLE AREA:||309 x 420 mm|
|DIMENSIONS:||Width: 656 mm
Depth: 458 mm
Height: 158 mm
Weight: Approx. 14.3 kg
|12 MONTHS RETURN TO BASE|
|OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL 2 YEAR WARRANTY 3YWE13000XL|
|For warranty terms see Epson Warranty|